Increasing research capabilities for hospitals

Only 3% of physicians and patients participate in clinical research. To make clinical research and trials a reality for the other 97%, hospitals of all sizes, locations and research capabilities will need to create and execute a strategy. During this session, you'll hear from Joseph Izzo, MD, attending emergency medicine physician and data informaticist at San Joaquin General Hospital, about how it leveraged the Cerner Learning Health Network to grow its research capabilities in less than three months.

  • Session Type:Client HIT talk
  • Learning objective 1:Identify research participation obstacles.
  • Learning objective 2:Describe the strategy San Joaquin General Hospital implemented to become research ready.
  • Learning objective 3:Assess opportunities for health systems to launch research efforts.
  • Content topics:Learning Health Network
  • Solutions:Learning Health Network
  • Target audience:Health Information Management, Population Health Management, Research
click here to go back previous browser page Back